Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gotta get organized!

MAY?! Has it really been that long since I blogged???

Ah, well, the timestamp tells no lies... It's been a busy few months, to be sure, with much drama and a drastic change of lifestyle which I won't go into in much detail. What I will say is that I'm presently the boyfriend to a lovely Japanese goddess, on my way to fulfilling an old dream of becoming a teacher and have finally fulfilled a significantly older childhood dream of actually playing a game of Warhammer 40k.

Oh, and I'm taking my grading for shodan in kendo in January. Shodan! The sexy rank! No moar kyu for me! Another step closer to my ambition of bearing 2 swords into battle! Well, if all goes well, at any rate.

Anyway, it's been way too long since I've blogged, and there is much to blog about. As such, I'm going to be splitting this blog from here onwards. This bit, Cheng's Mirror, will mostly be about me and my reflections on life, the universe and everything. Seeing how kendo has deeply affected my thinking and how I grow as a person, posts about kendo will be here, too.

In fact, this blog will mostly continue as it has since the start with only one major change: Anything to do with hobbygaming will go to a completely separate blog (will post the link on this blog shortly), seeing as it's a level of dorkiness that I feel a bit guilty about inflicting on my non-gamer readers, if there are indeed any of you left at this point. That having been said, I can't resist putting up this pic of the badass I painted up who leads my army into battle:

No, that's not an unfeasibly ornate shovel he's holding in his left hand, it's called a crozius. Bit of a long story, really...

And that's all I've got time for right now. More posts and a fresh new blog to follow shortly...

No comments: