Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy, happy, happy!

Verily, I am happy. I am blissful. I did gaze upon the picture below and the quality of my life was drastically improved on knowing how far removed I am from the people below. Gaze thee upon this pic and maybe, you may find some happiness, too:

Yep... Sadder than the usual internet whipping boys, the furries and the goths, the otaku* is the epitome of the sad, no-life SOB with a rapidly fading grip on reality. Hum. The militant atheist in me just replaced the word 'otaku' with 'born-again Christian' and finds the sentence to be more accurate that way. But let's not go there, eh? There's a wee bottle of Warsteiner with my name on it that says I'm not in the mood to be ripping on the most exasperating bunch of delusional half-wits on the planet right now.

* I just read that again. That's a bit unfair. I know a lot of... well, I suppose you'd call them "moderate" otakus? The ones in the pic aren't really indicative of the otaku community at large, who are, for the most part, harmless and often really interesting and funny geeks. I think it would be fairer to say that the sad cases depicted above are to otakus what Creationists are to theists.

No comments: