Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kirikaeshi is good for you!

There are times when, in my unrelenting quest to wolf down as much information on as many subjects as I can, I am struck dumb by the enormity of it all, confounded by the sheer complexity of the universe, despairing of ever understanding it and dismayed by the sheer pettiness of Malaysian society at large. During such times, I find myself somewhat daunted, and wonder what there is I could possibly do to stop the slow, relentless decay of society at the claws of the twin meme-viruses of religion and consumerism.

It's in these moments, when I'm paralyzed by doubt, that I find a cure in being hit very hard over the head with a stick. Repeatedly.



N.B:- Neither of these people are me, but I do practise this and more twice a week, and let me tell you, that helmet is not as tough as it looks...

No comments: