Friday, November 28, 2008

Quick question: On the decay of beauty

Was in a traffic jam today, which means I had some time to do a little thinkin', and what I was thinking about was this:

At what point does something stop being beautiful and turn crass, tasteless, cliche, etc?

Anyway, what brought this on was sitting in my car, listening to Malaysian radio and despairing, for verily Malaysian radio advertisements are, possibly without exception, the most revolting perversions of humour and/or aesthetics ever aired in the history of man. Seriously, just listen to it and tell me you don't want every Malaysian radio marketing exec shot for crimes against culture.

So, yah, I'm-a just leave this question here for now. Might come back and discuss it further, if the urge takes me.

No comments: