Monday, November 3, 2008

A sad ring of truth from the Onion...

When I was very young*, I idolized the US. With that naive, childlike adoration came a completely baseless belief in big words like democracy, truth, justice, the free market economy and the like. Fortunately, I read books which weren't "divinely-inspired" and grew up, particularly with regard to democracy, especially witnessing the countless weak parodies of it that mushroomed all over the world, culminating in the theft of the US by the Bush administration. Anyway, I'll save bitchin' about democracy for another time. Here's a fun article from the Onion, highlighting the people who are fuct, regardless of who gets voted in.

I suppose I should mention that, if Zeitgeist is to be believed, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the banks put them both there anyway to give the people the illusion of choice. Still, I'd much rather Obama makes it, if only to avoid the possibility of that brain-dead bimbo ever achieving the post of VP.

* An overly long time ago...

No comments: