Friday, August 22, 2008

Odd thought about racism...

Not that I feel this way towards Chinese or anything, but I was reading this hilarious collection on Something Awful and a weird thought hit me:

When you hate your own ethnic group, is that still racism?

I'm pretty sure there's another name for it.

On a vaguely related note, I heard somewhere that last year, only 30% of all the births in Singapore were by Singaporean couples. Most of the rest were either mixed couples or by immigrants, to which I say, rock on! I'm a total supporter of mixed marriages, and fervently hope for the Russell Peters future of there no longer being any ethnic groups, no black, no white, no yellow, no brown... just a whole planet where everybody is some kind of shade of beige...



And since we're on about Russell Peters, here's an interview he had with Al Jazeera, which I kinda liked. I really like the fact that his favourite comedian of all time is George Carlin :-)

No comments: